Everyone loves and admires wooden windows and doors. Wood is an important part of the interior design of your home. So, the quality of the wood used in your windows and doors matters directly. Even though the aspect of internal carpentry doesn’t get the kind of attention it deserves but it is fundamental in every room’s design. There should be a continuation amongst the style well-defined in the interior of the room and the doors and windows. There is an infinite number of options you can choose from in the case of wood. This means that there are many choices you can make to find the perfect style for your house without surrendering the quality or comfort. Here are some features you should keep in mind while choosing wood for your windows and doors.
Natural wood for windows and doors: Features/Characteristics
There are certain characteristics or features of natural wood which should be kept in mind while choosing it for your doors or windows. They are:
- Good insulation
- Safety and durability
- Appearance and quality
- For windows, wood is a highly demanded material in great demand due to its insulating ability, which is much higher than that of materials such as aluminium.
- Natural wood offers many possibilities and choices in regards to finish and design.
- There are an extensive variety of diverse designs in diverse colours and shapes for doors and windows on the market. This can range from the most baroque to the simplest style with which you wish to dress your house.
- There are many types of wood, which can be used for doors and windows. They might include, hardwoods such as oak, poplar, ash, or walnut. These are darker and possess a grainier finish. Softwoods may include pine, cypress or fir. They have a less veined finish and are more economical.
Natural wood for windows and doors: Advantages
Natural wood has reclaimed its leading role over the last few years. It has not only made a difference in the interior carpentry industry but furniture and decorative items as well. There are many advantages to using natural wood for windows and doors. Some of them are:
- Wood is considered even more reliable now with the developments in treatment with the implementation of new technologies.
- Natural wood transmits a feeling of warmth.
- It has the strength and capacity to insulate the sudden changes in temperature.
- Wood is one of the remarkable hard-wearing materials.
- It can be recycled and reused.
- It is very waterproof
- The use of natural wood is also responsible in the aspect of optimising energy efficiency, as it is proficient of reducing CO2 emissions.
- The quality of natural wood plays a major role in making your home feel comfortable and cosy.
- Wood has a wide range of finishes, which is why it is the ideal material to create personal and special spaces.
We at Zeskind’s Hardware and Millwork and Wood Window Manufacturers provide many different types of New Construction wood windows, depending on the needs of each specific project. We as Wood Door Manufacturers are a distributor for Larson Storm and screen doors, and we can also custom-make wood storm and screen doors from almost any species you can imagine.